We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow? Welcome to Grand Parade.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
The team you will join builds the next generation of a sports betting portal that focuses on site performance and responsiveness. It is connected to a sophisticated backend that altogether constitute foundations of a new William Hill platform built to enable expansion to international markets.
You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions and implementations meeting and exceeding customer experience and usability requirements. You will contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle. This will involve writing well designed, testable, efficient code ensuring designs comply with the specifications. You will also prepare and produce releases of software components and support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review. Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm. Working within agile delivery teams and frameworks.
• BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
• Proven hands-on software development experience.
• At least 3 years of proven working experience in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages.
• Willingness to learn and write code in two programming languages: Java and Scala. Experience with both is welcome, but not mandatory.
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
• Experience in building microservices exposing REST APIs.
• Experience with test-driven development.
• Familiarity with database schema design and messaging solutions.
• Experience developing CI/CD automated solutions.
• Agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, Kanban.
• Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
• Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
• Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
• Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
• Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
• We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
• Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
• Flexible working practices
• Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
• Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet