Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Trip Data Services team is focused on designing, developing and maintaining variety of Order (aka travel record according to NDC – New Distribution Capability, IATA) services running on open systems. We are responsible for Order data distribution to internal and external customers, hosting multiple Order management services and building Order data store in modern, scalable, microservice based and Cloud oriented architecture. We employ latest technologies and practices to handle high volume of transactions supporting millions of traveling passengers daily. Our team is global with largest decision-driving group based in Krakow and implements mature Scrum processes.
• Under general supervision designs, develops, tests and debugs moderately complex software solutions using routine and/or advanced technologies
• Commitment to achieving projects goals and orientation to improve quality
• Design and build prototype applications
• Take part in researching best practices, new tools and technology.
• Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them
• Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
• Assist in development of software technical documentation
• Support DevOps in our effort to evolve CI/CD processes
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience as Java Developer
• Possess good organizational skills
• Excellent Java/J2EE programming skills
• Expert knowledge in Java Core Multithread
• Good knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems
• Experience with SQL, Oracle, XML/Web Services, JMS technologies, JUnit/Unit Testing as well as with Tomcat or other application servers
• Experience in monitoring and improving performance of applications
• Experience with Spring framework
• Good communication skills in English, written and verbal
• Very good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate initiative and creativity
• Willing to develop and learn new areas/technologies
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Why is it worth working with us?
• Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
• Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
• Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
• Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
• Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
• My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
• Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
• Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
• Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
• Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
• Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
• Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
• Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
• Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
• Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
• English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
• Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
• GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
• Certification and tuition reimbursement
• Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
• Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
• Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
• No dress code
• Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
• Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.