Docplanner Tech Talks: Modular Monolith Unicorn
We are delighted to announce that we’re back with a new meetup, this time talking all about Modular monolith, covering everything from why it may be a good choice for your next project, to code organization and all about protecting its boundaries.
May 12th, 2021, starting at 6pm, officially ending at 7pm but staying as long as we enjoy ourselves (hint: we’re preparing a session of virtual networking, so feel free to grab a beer)
1) Modular monolith and why it may be a good choice for your next project - Marcin Dźwigała
What you can learn?
- How modular monolith helps us with the development of new projects, not only in a technical manner
- Why not start with microservices straight away, but with a modular monolith instead
- How to keep the code well segregated and not develop another spaghetti monster, so called 'distributed monolith'
2) Modular monolith code organization - Tomasz Ksionek
What you can learn?
- How to organize code to create independent framework agnostic modules
- How to organize directory structure
- How to create anti-corruption layer using modules approach
- How to integrate modules with the bad outside world
3) Protecting boundaries in Modular monolith - Lech Sawoń
- Why it's difficult and important
- Usage deptrac to static architecture analyse
After each presentation, there will be a short Q&A session.
Online networking sessions - not mandatory, but we do encourage you to join! Feel free to grab a beer.
In charge of passing on the knowledge will be our trainers:
Tomek - Senior PHP Developer in love with DDD, TDD, BDD. Passionate about software architecture, design patterns, and code craft! Team player! Like to dive into new technologies and concepts. He loves programming because “Programming is an art!”.
Marcin - PHP Developer at Docplanner. Clean code and clean architecture enthusiast. Member of the Development Quality team. Always up to learning new things, sharing knowledge and helping others. Keen on finding the best tool and approach for a given problem. A big fan of design patterns and not reinventing the wheel.
Lech - PHP Developer in the Development Quality team which is supporting other Docplanner Tech teams. He believes that the only way to do things fast is to do them right. Lech places great emphasis on automated tests written together with the code. He loves learning about new domains, preferably running Event Storming workshops. He also works as a Bootcamp trainer from time to time.
The presentation will be held in English, with specific breakout room sessions for networking in whatever language you’re comfortable with. As we will meet on Zoom, it would be cool if you could have your camera turned on for the networking part - it can help with discussion and integration in our group :)
Can’t wait to see you!
Docplanner Tech Team