Functional World #2
Come see how Scala and ZIO can help you to be a very productive developer who creates modern, highly performant, and concurrent applications, leveraging the power of Functional Programming. As an example, we’ll have a live coding session to implement a Tic-Tac-Toe game!
HOW TO PREPARE?
If you want to code along with me:
- Check out the starter code from https://github.com/jorge-vasquez-2301/zio-tictactoe
- Have it ready in your preferred text editor or IDE
WHAT ARE THE MAIN TAKEAWAYS?
- What is Functional Programming and why it’s different from Object-Oriented Programming
- What are the benefits of Functional Programming
- Introduction to ZIO, the library
- Introduction to ZIO, the data type
- ZIO constructors and operators
- Realize that Functional Programming is useful not just in academic fields!
- Realize that Functional Programming doesn’t have to be hard!