Warsaw Startup Funding 101: How to Raise Capital for Your Idea
Startup Funding 101: How to Raise Capital for Your Idea is a beginner fundraising workshop which will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from VCs and Angels. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more.
Join the conversation with some great speakers:
- Piotr Boulangé (Director, Founder Institute, Pozamiatane.pl )
- Piotr Grabowski (Event Manager, HubHub)
- Cezary Woszczyk (Founder and CEO, Sharpeo)
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
Discussion topics include:
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
At the end of the session, there will also be a short audience Q&A session, and several attendees will also head to a local restaurant or bar to socialize.