Why R? Webinar platypus - image segmentation & object detection made easy with R
- speaker Michał Maj https://www.linkedin.com/in/michal-maj116/
- webinars http://whyr.pl/webinars/
- donate http://whyr.pl/donate/
- join Why R? Slack http://whyr.pl/slack/
- join Meetup http://tiny.cc/WarsawRUG
- format: 45 min talk + 15 min for Q&A
- comments: ask YouTube live chat
- stream https://youtu.be/ONfqqSWwU9E
With the release of the R Keras package (https://keras.rstudio.com/) (by JJ Allaire and Francois Chollet) at the end of 2017 / beginning 2018 the topic of artificial neural networks and especially deep learning in R became red-hot within the R community.
'platypus' is an R package that allows you to build advanced deep learning models like YOLO3 and U-Net for object detection and image segmentation tasks. Thanks to build in data generators and ready to go architectures you can implement perfect solution with a few lines of code.
I’m a data scientist with over 5 years of experience in the field, R/Shiny developer and a freelancer interested in deep/machine learning and statistics. I love challenges and I’m always ready to help solving data science problems. In my day to day work I am responsible for designing, testing and development of advanced deep and machine learning models in R and Python. I’m a big R language enthusiast and a co-organizer of R Enthusiasts meetups in Gdańsk (https://www.meetup.com/Trojmiejska-Grupa-Entuzjastow-R/). Currently I'm trying to become a computer vision expert.