Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform.
Our Pulp and Paper product group develops market leading measurement, inspection and control automation systems for the Pulp and Paper industry. We are looking for an Electronics Design Engineer to help us build the next generation of measurement and inspection products for industry. As a member of the Hardware Engineering Research & Development (R&D) team based in Krakow you will be responsible for the design and support of highly accurate and robust sensors and actuator systems. We are looking for an Electronics Engineer with a thorough understanding of low-noise analog circuits. In this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
This will be a challenging position in a global R&D team working in the front line of process industries with a truly global leader, providing many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- You will actively participate in new product development efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping in-house test, field test and release to manufacturing;
- Full life cycle of Electronic Design: lead circuit and hardware design, including architecture and design of PCB, component selection, schematic entry, board bring-up and integration of complex printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA) into sensors, actuators and imaging systems;
- Develop new upgrade and service solutions for existing product portfolio;
- Conduct product troubleshooting in the lab and in the field;
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including physics, mechanical design, software and system engineering;
- Other areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: participation in ABB group-wide growth and process improvement initiatives; providing training to ABB’s project/service delivery organization; and liaising with other ABB units, corporate research centers and external research institutes/houses;
- Regular international travel to our main R&D center in Ireland is required (~20%).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics;
- At least 2 years of experience as an Electronics Engineer designing mixed signal circuitry on complex printed circuit board assemblies;
- Strong circuit design background that includes: microprocessors, analog circuitry for low noise data acquisition systems, digital circuitry for high-speed communication systems, system and board level simulation, signal integrity verification and experience with building blocks for modular systems;
- Strong design skills and knowledge of tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation (Altium preferred);
- Experience with preparation of documentation for PCB production and cooperation with PCBA manufacturers;
- Experience with product structures for manufacturing (BOMs, Specs etc.) as well as with EMC testing and solving EMC related problems;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- Although not a requirement, experience in one of the following will be a strong asset: development of microcontroller based circuits and firmware programming in C language for ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers, design or implementation of industrial control systems associated with pulp and paper processes; signal processing and/or image signal processing; experience with Intel Quartus Prime environment for Intel/Altera FPGA.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
– An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies.
– Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
– Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market.
– Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills.
– Good working environment.
To apply for the position, please send your application via our page.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.