Evolution is a world-leading, B2B developer and provider of games and services for the online casino industry, employing more than 11,000 people across 20+ locations. We offer a turn-key solution for operators which allows their players to move flawlessly between mobile, tablet and desktop to play slots or live casino, which feature real tables with real dealers in real time. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio includes multiple award-winning player favourites from our brands Evolution, Red Tiger, NetEnt, Ezugi and Big Time Gaming. Evolution AB is listed on Nasdaq Nordic with market capitalisation of *€*25B+.
We thrive on pushing limits and doing what hasn’t been done to deliver on our Engineering mission: A flawless player experience.
In Evolution Engineering, we take the quality of our products and uptime of our services very seriously. We believe that building solid in-house competence with limited external dependencies is critical to our success. Our code runs 24/7/365 to serve users around the world and we use a modern software stack to support our frequent and fully automated releases, which exceeds 270 releases per month to our main live environment.
We’re looking for a Systems Engineer / SRE who has:
- Solid Linux background;
- Strong ops skills and mindset;
- Knowledge/interest in Kubernetes;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies;
- Good coding/scripting knowledge and skills;
- Understanding of networking tech;
- Background of working in modern development organization.
Technologies that we use:
- Kubernetes @ on-prem & AWS;
- Linux (with small Windows presence);
- Python, Golang;
- Kafka, Cassandra, Clickhouse, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Hadoop;
- KVM, ESXi, Hyper-V;
- Ansible, Rundeck;
- Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana;
- Jenkins, GitLab;
- Kafka & ELK clusters;
- Nginx, Haproxy, BIG-IP F5;
- AWS services;
- Opsgenie, Slack.
- Running large (and growing) geo-distributed production environment;
- Running growing (in numbers and size) clusters of mostly non-relational data systems;
- Running Kubernetes on-prem and in the public cloud;
- Running CI/CD stack enabling true continuous delivery for all the development teams;
- Automating/coding and finding a way of applying best software engineering practices to the systems engineering field;
- Offering to work on truly interesting technical challenges.
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies all the time;
- Recognition from the business that translates to very competitive salaries and a supportive attitude;
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly traded company;
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, tech conference attendance, training and other benefits and perks.