Senior Full Stack Developer (Node.JS)
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
• Proactively manage the project lifecycle ensuring agreed timescales, budgets and targets remain on track
• Working according to development standards & best practices
• Designing, implementing & documenting solutions in collaboration with developers, solutions architects and applications architect
• Planning & pre-planning sessions with PO, BA, Architect. Translate non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences
• Driving improvements in KPI’s (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
• Responsible for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there’s opportunity)
• Taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. Review code and provide constructive feedback
• Collaborating with QA to ensure tests are aligned with the solution and complement tests written by development
• Supporting production environment for products and services delivered by the team during office hours
• Responsible for the recruitment of developers & continuous improvement of recruitment process
• Experience in working in a test driven development
• Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
• Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
• A degree in a computing-related subject will be an asset
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
• Flexible working practices
• And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet