We bet we can be a great match
When we say cutting edge, we actually mean it. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
We are building world-class Big Data platform which will give us power to process streams of data and enable machine learning and advanced analytics capabilities. Everything cloud-based for scalability and speed to market.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) in Big Data, you’ll be building tools and processes to ensure the reliability and availability of our Big Data platform and data processing. You will diagnose technical faults on big data platform services which are built on Snowflake, Airflow, Databricks, AWS, Docker, Terraform and more. You will be measuring performance and costs and drive initiatives to optimize it. You will take care of operations automation, distributed component integration, security, monitoring, log aggregation and troubleshooting Big Data Platform issues together with data engineers or escalate issues to the platform team, or data solution squads as necessary. You will be working mainly with AWS based services and may do same work in our private cloud environment.
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL
- Good understanding of cloud computing paradigm (distributed logging, service discovery, stateless applications, scaling, HA)
- Driving improvements in KPI’s (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
- Experience with real-life systems on any of the major cloud providers (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Openstack)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Code paradigm
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- Practical experience or desire to learn modern technologies for big data and/or streaming
What we offer
- Work on world-class Big Data Platform in the team which is driving technology decisions
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Interesting work in fast growing Big Data domain and the chance to make an real impact.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
- Flexible working practices
- And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet