WHO WE ARE
Payment Gateway is the main money flow channel for Schibsted newspapers digital subscriptions, handling more than 1,000,000 payments monthly, providing Payment API for nearly all systems within the Schibsted ecosystem. We integrate our clients with Payment Service Providers using microservice architecture and we are enabling them to charge users with credit cards, mobile phones and invoices.
Integration with Payment Service Provider APIs is not an easy task. Especially if you would like to handle various possible corner cases like connectivity errors, consistency problems and different specific API flaws. You must continually challenge your solution, asking, “What happens if…”.
Our team is a growing group of experienced engineers wanting to make the Payment Service Provider integration as smooth as possible. We want to achieve that by providing easy to consume APIs, ready-to-use UI components, excellent self-service and back-office tooling, support, and know-how for our stakeholders. Because of that, we are extending our platform from API-centric towards a customer-facing one-stop integration point.
More information on Payment Gateway available here.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a member of our team, you’ll participate in the effort of rewriting/extending back-office tools, building embeddable check-out component reusable cross-Schibsted brands, and being a part of other technical and product initiatives.
- Work in a distributed team — development based in Poland, Product Management in Stockholm and Oslo. Business travels possible.
- Have time required to focus on quality – pair programming, mob programming, knowledge sharing sessions.
- Have an impact on the project at all stages – business needs, brainstorming, design, implementation, testing, deployment.
- Work on many different areas of the JVM world, following microservices concepts, serverless, and Continuous Deployment style.
- Have nice after office hours (if you wish); we may: take you to ramen, play tennis, play board games, go to jam sessions, and many others.
You are a great fit if you have:
- Experience or willingness to learn Java/Kotlin (conventions, patterns, internals)
- Understanding and experience with TDD and testing frameworks (Jest/Mocha etc.)
- Interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies – we must adjust to changing requirements and new challenges.
- Ability to question product decisions and come with suggestions for improvement – we expect involvement in product development and engagement in technical discussions.
- Good communication skills (also English) – we would like to learn much from you.
Nice to have
- Experience with cross-domain session/cookie management and authentication/authorization mechanisms (JWT, OAuth 2.0, scopes).
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot – most of our microservices base on Spring Boot. It’s our first choice of micro-framework.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services – Payment Gateway runs on AWS.