Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
We work in smaller agile groups, part of big infrastructure team. Department is leading the way to transform database infrastructure into infrastructure as a code. We do have already big database farm environments that are in AWS, GCP. Company is in the process of ongoing migration of extensive on-premise environment into the cloud.
– contribute to the database infrastructure codebase: Python / Shell / Terraform / CloudFormation / Ansible
– adhere to clean code rules and participate in code reviews
– create documentation outlining the engineering artifacts
– participate in stability efforts around the engineering products
– passionate about coding everything: Python knowledge
– code quality (tools, best practices): linting and formatting (PEP 8, PEP 257)
– working with popular python IDEs: vs code, PyCharm
– unit test: code coverage: PyTest
– shell scripting in Linux: bash, shellcheck
– knowledge of Linux: active Linux Power user
– understanding networking fundamentals: TCP/IP,HTTP,DNS
– knowledge of git code versioning subsystem
– Familiarity with docker images and/or Kubernetes
– passionate about CI CD pipelines working with groovy scripts: we use Jenkins
– being familiar with at least one Cloud infrastructure on the associate level
Nice to have:
– interested in Infrastructure as a code paradigm: Terraform or CloudFormation
– passionate about containers and Kubernetes
– other automation technologies: Ansible/Puppet
– other languages such as Java/Golang knowledge is always a plus
– working with any type of databases relational/nosql/analytical will be a definitive plus
– any cloud certificates will be a definitive plus
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.