Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Information System (IS) Business Analyst for Security Insights & Analytics plays a crucial role in connecting the technical environment with the business by gathering requirements and analyzing data to evaluate processes, identify problems, opportunities and solutions. This information supports the decision-making process for new or altered IS solutions/services. By engaging with business leaders, consumers and customers, your role will be to understand how processes, products, services, software and hardware can increase efficiencies and provide added value, all while ensuring that the ideas are technologically, financially and functionally feasible. The IS Business Analyst also considers the security implications of proposed changes and ensures that the proposed solutions adhere to security regulations and standards.
This position reports to
IS Program Manager
- Performs business analyses to support decisions for new or changed IS solution or services in scope; Identifies and prioritizes functional requirements.
- Acts as a Specialist and contributes technical, business process and data expertise to either support ongoing operations or project new software.
- As a Product Owner supports business in qualifying business request for assigned services; Collaborates with Service Owner and Solution Architect to estimate the effort for IS solution/services development, change requests and releases.
- Collects and translates requirements for projects and changes into specifications for internal and external delivery parties and understands business processes in detail and applies this knowledge to shape and align IS solution/services building and delivery activities.
- Supports RUN and the Operational Manager in the incident and problem planning and resolution when business or functional verification is required.
- Manages relationships with 3rd party suppliers, IS Service and Performance Excellence (SPEX) and IS Consumer Experience and local experts (where applicable), to resolve issues, provide updates and collect feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Supports the Continual Service Improvement process and definition of costs.
- Master’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Systems, Business Engineering, or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst in InfoSec area is essential
- Superior knowledge of Business Analysis Principles and best practices, methodologies and tools, including Agile and DevOps concepts
- Knowledge of ITIL and COBIT
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) is preferred
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a challenging environment
- Organized with a natural inclination for detail planning and proven analytical background
- Exceptional communication skills; Fluent English
More about us
It is our mission in Information Systems (IS) to harness the power of information technology to deliver valuable, reliable and competitive IS services for ABB. If you have a strong technical and analytical mind and the drive to help us stay ahead of the competition, you are the one we are looking for. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.