Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
At GBS IS Performance Management team we perform various activities to apply Measurement, Reporting and Performance Management frameworks to enable planning, control, review and audit of service provision, to meet agreed KPI targets.
Our mission is to drive a data centric culture across GBS IS therefore we are looking for experienced data engineer whose primary goal is to ensure that the data is properly received, transformed, stored, and made accessible to other data specialists for analysis.
The IS Data Engineer plays an important role in providing measurement and reporting teams with information, through building and optimizing the systems constructing data pipelines and using complex tools and techniques to handle data.
Although you will be working in cross-functional team which operates in an international environment we do not require your availability outside standard business hours or weekends.
In this position you will be reporting to IS Department Manager for Measurement and Reporting under GBS IS SPEX Performance Management.
– Understand and apply a range of data engineering techniques like data sourcing, data cleaning and transformation
– Build datasets through effective usage of modern cloud-based data platform
– Build and maintains data model in data modeling environments
– Responsible to ensure high quality and availability of data delivered to consumers
– Build and maintain close collaboration with team supporting data sources and platforms
– Serve as internal support for integration projects for data ingestion / output, and collaborates with technical teams to develop and agree system integration plans and report on progress.
– Provide specifications for proposed solutions including materials and time necessary to complete
– 1 + year of relevant work experience in the field of data engineering
– Familiar with database concepts and technologies including data warehousing, SQL, ETL design patterns and DataMart structures
– Experience in creating and implementing data models
– Self-learner who enjoys exploring new technologies and is willing to share knowledge within the team
– Knowledge of Big Data (Snowflake) would be beneficial
– Qlik Compose&Replicate will be a plus
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.