IS Event Management Process Owner
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this role you will be supporting strategic design of the end-to-end event management framework, as defined by ITIL that monitors all events that occur through the IT infrastructure. This role will be supporting the creation of a continual improvement culture with respect to consumer facing IS services, document standards for the defined scope and support teams in tactical execution of the framework.
You will be reporting to IS Monitoring and Event Management Manager.
- Establishing global standards and policies for event management across all ABB configuration items (i.e.: Networks, Infrastructure, Applications, End User Devices).
- Coordinating with Domain owners and vendors for implementing continuous improvement initiatives that enable enhancement of customer facing services, serving as an advocate and SME in the areas of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence utilization in the area of event management.
- Being accountable for supporting the strategic planning of the event management framework, ensuring the integration, correlation and consolidation of events across domains, identifying opportunities for standardization and process improvements, with goal of enhancing the customer experience.
- Collaborating with all service owners (esp. CX and Domains) for ensuring that the event management framework meets the expectations of all key stakeholders, creating value and driving effective decision-making and continuous improvement of services and service components.
- Collaborating with the Consumer Support Lead and the Service Desk, Incident Management (including “Red Team”) and Problem Management leads, supporting the evolution and operational execution of the Event Management purpose, vision and mission in line with the overall Consumer Experience Strategy.
- Being accountable for the development and maintenance of appropriate IS capabilities within the monitoring department, ensuring alignment to agreed goals and compliance with ABB policies.
- Being responsible to act in compliance with Corporate IS Regulation and IS Policies; with ABB Regulations and ABB Guidelines of which accountability and responsibility for this position are derived and with any other Internal Control regulations that may be assigned.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Above 8 years of experience in ITIL Event Management and above 2 years supporting strategic design within the ITIL framework.
- Experience with Event Management and data ingestion tools, ideally across solutions for end-user devices, applications, network and infrastructure (e.g. New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc.).
- Passionate about Consumer Experience (CX).
- Deep understanding of consumer needs.
- ITIL certification(s) required, Lean certification(s) preferred.
- Strong analytical mindset, going beyond traditional IT skills.
- Strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.