DATA SCIENCE ENGINEER Airline industry is going through a drastic transformation in the area of retailing and distribution that requires very advance data analytics support to optimize revenue performance and customer experience. Recently introduced concepts of Offer/Order Management and Continuous Dynamic Pricing significantly expand opportunities for engaging with travelers through multiple touch points and creating personalized offers accounting for individual preferences and market context. These practices can substantially benefit from a combination of statistical and machine learning techniques leveraging huge volumes and variety of consumer and competitive data available in airline industry. The Data Science Engineer applies expert level statistical analysis, data modeling, and predictive analysis on strategic and operational problems in airline industry. As a key member of the Sabre Operations Research team, you will leverage your statistical and business expertise to translate business questions into data analysis and models, define suitable KPIs, and graphically present results to a wide range of audiences including internal and external clients, sales, and development team. In addition, you will source data from multiple different data sources, write high-quality data manipulation scripts in R, Python, Perl, bash, etc., develop and apply data mining and machine learning algorithms for advanced analysis and prediction. You will also utilize your strong communication skills to work with developers to support product development cycles and decision makers who need empirical data to promote sales and growth. Responsibilities: • Work with subject matter experts from airlines to identify opportunities for leveraging data to deliver in-sights and actionable prediction of customer behavior and operations performance. • Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources, data gathering and forecasting techniques. • Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and run proof of concept studies. • Leverage existing Statistical and Machine Learning tools to enhance in-house algorithms. • Collaborate with software engineers to implement and test production quality code for AI/ML models. • Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy and models’ performance. • Demonstrate software to customers and perform value proving benchmarks. Calibrate software for cus-tomer needs and train customer for using and maintaining software. • Resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for enhancements.
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.