GSBC#46 Unleashing your code with Google Cloud Functions
Tym razem spotkanie po angielsku!
An intense walk-through of an engineer's journey using Cloud Functions on GCP.
You don’t need any Docker, Kubernetes, NodeJS or Istio knowledge for this Cloud Lab.
We will cover:
- Writing async functions in NodeJS with Promises
- Debugging and deploying Cloud Functions using Google’s Functions CLI and Emulator.
- Triggering GCFs directly and via Bucket upload events
- Writing surprisingly-short async Cloud Functions that perform
- Text and speech recognition
- Text translation
- Speech Synthesis
Google write amazing software. With GCFs you benefit not just from their infrastructure, but also from their amazing software solutions.
To prepare before:
1. Create and activate a Google Cloud Account
- Create a new google account: https://accounts.google.com/signup
- Activate your account's Google Cloud Platform: https://cloud.google.com/?authuser=1
- Create a New Project in GCP, and take note of the new project's ID : https://console.cloud.google.com/projectcreate
2. Download Google Cloud SDK
- Install gcloud (Google Cloud's SDK) from https://cloud.google.com/sdk/docs/downloads-interactive
- Confirm gcloud is now working, and that it is connected to your google account:
terminal>gcloud auth list
About Ken Lomax:
I run the Software Academy at SAP.
I like trying out our new technologies and then sharing what I learn with others.
When not coding, I have an acapella group, jazz piano and a young son to keep me busy