Rust Wrocław Meetup #30
18:00 – Introduction
- 18:10 – Przemysław Kukulski – Dynamic typing in Rust
- Explore the utilities of the std::any module
- Learn how to use them
- See how dynamic typing can make a Rust codebase more type-safe
Level: Intermediate, Language: English
Backend software engineer at Piwik PRO, working with Rust professionally since 2019. Currently developing a new Customer Data Platform. Electronics tinkerer and retro console enthusiast.
- 19:00 – Pizza break!
- 19:30: Jakub Trąd, Patryk Wychowaniec - Ferris-powered real-time raytracing – a post mortem
Last month Patryk and I built a raytraced game with Rust, rust-GPU, and WGPU from scratch (or mostly from scratch). We want to share our results with you and talk about the things we’ve learned along the way:
- How ray tracing works and how you could go about implementing it
- How to communicate with your GPU in Rust (WGPU)
- How to write shaders in pure Rust (introduction to rust-gpu)
Level: Advanced, Language: English
Jakub Trąd - A software engineer by day and night. I also like video games and 3D printing.
Patryk Wychowaniec - Coding for living for a few years now, out of which around two and a half have been in Rust. Currently working in Anixe, evolving complex Rust systems during the day, blogging and submitting patches to open-source projects by night. Oh, and I love my dogs, too!
- 20:30 – Discussion
Let’s talk about Rust – the 30th community meetup is here!
This time, we invite you to Piwik PRO offices, where we will listen to two presentations from Rust community members.
The event would be streamed on the Rust Wrocław channel.
If you can’t make it, remember that the event will be streamed on Rust Wrocław YouTube channel. Hope to see you there!