At the Marine Software Development Center (MSDC) in Krakow, we are actively maintaining and further building the portfolio of navigation, watch-keeping, assistive and autonomous shipping functions executed from the ship’s bridge.
ABB Electrification Solution product line consists of the embedded control product supporting propulsion and power and energy management. The embedded control software is a PLC based components used for providing vessel control and power during all the operational modes including maneuvering, transit and position-keeping. Products are designed to fit various propulsion as well as power production and consumption arrangements for various vessels types.
You will be developing and maintaining the PLC code, as well as contributing to quality assurance and documentation of your work. You will work in an international environment alongside colleagues in Oslo and Helsinki, with English as the everyday language for business and technical communication.
Check what we do in ABB Marine in Kraków:
This position reports to
R&D Team Manager
- Developing PLC functionality for the ABB’s PLC controller AC800m
- Providing interoperability with other ABB Marine & Ports control systems
- Using industrial protocols (OPC-DA, OPC-UA, Modbus, Profibus, CAN bus)
- Conducting software testing through Python scripts
- Bringing on board openness to learn and maintaining eagerness to absorb and propose good development and quality practices
- Working in an international, multi-cultural team, possessing knowledge of the marine business and driven to rapidly deliver solution for some of the world’s largest and most complex green ships
- Proven professional experience in the development of PLC control system for time critical applications
- Degree in STEM, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with ABB’s controllers AC500 and AC800m is an additional plus
- Familiarity with the industrial protocols such as OPC-DA, OPC-UA, Modbus, Profibus, CAN bus or similar is an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Publication ID: PL89321319_E1