Senior .Net Developer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are in an interesting moment of creating a new software team in Kraków that will develop new solutions and service applications for installed base management, assessment of substations, maintenance planning and recommended actions, user account management and safety applications.
As a Senior Application Software Developer you will develop and enhance complete Service software solution of platform and application software development, software quality engineering, DevOPS, cyber security, software release, support and maintenance. You will apply the principles of software engineering for analysis, design, development, unit and integration testing, and debugging of computer software based on distributed architecture including Cloud, on-premise, edge architecture and design. Provide accurate project schedule estimates and ensure successful completion with respect to deadlines. You will also execute assigned design and development activities focused on building solutions efficiently, cost-effectively, and in accordance with quality standards. We build a new product, not just run a project.
This position reports to
R&D Team Manager
- Independently contribute in the software development lifecycle covering requirements, conceptualization, prototyping, design, coding, testing, release as well as subsequent maintenance and operations.
- Own the end-to-end CI/CD pipelines, oversee the DevOps and optimize the performance of existing implementations
- Adopts agile software development to build and deliver software in an iterative and incremental manner. Drives automation for productivity in every activity possible.
- Actively follow and apply current trends in software development best practices, technologies, and ABB standards to build high quality products.
- Collaborate with Software Architects to ensure development work aligns with technical drivers.
- Collaborate with globally distributed teams and local team based in Kraków, we work in a hybrid model (once a week we meet in the office)
- Mentor and guide other team members as needed
- University degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in software architecture and implementation of enterprise grade scalable cloud solutions
- Proven expertise and understanding of technical requirements of cloud applications connectivity (IoT, Edge Cloud, Hybrid Systems)
- Deep knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS is a plus) and Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Sound experience in object-oriented programming (C#, .NET) and containerization technology Kubernetes and Dockers
- AWS Architecture Certification and knowledge of Machine Learning tools is a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, strong written and spoken communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: