Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In Marine Software Development Center (MSDC) in Krakow, we are actively maintaining and further building the portfolio of navigation, watch-keeping, assistive and autonomous shipping functions that are executed from the ship’s bridge.
ABB Marine Pilot product line consists of embedded functionality for vessel control during all the operational modes including maneuvering, transit and position-keeping. System is designed for the autonomous and remote operation from more than one operator position and currently expanding functionality.
In the team you will be developing code, as well as contributing to quality assurance and documentation of your work, in both the backend and middle-ware layers of those products. You will work in an international environment consisting of colleagues in Oslo and Helsinki, with English as the everyday language of business and technical communication.
Check what we do in ABB Marine in Kraków:
– Developing a C++ backend to middle-ware functionality for the Linux based system for inter-operability with other ABB Marine & Ports control systems
– Developing a functionality for binding and consolidating multiple IO (data) points of various industrial protocols (OPC-UA, Modbus, Profibus, CAN bus)
– Bring on board openness to learn and remain eager to ingest and propose good development and quality practices
– Working in an international, multi-cultural team, with knowledge of marine business and a drive to quickly deliver solution for some of the world’s largest and most complex green ships
– Proven professional experience in C++ development for time critical applications
– Degree in STEM Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
– Familiarity with the industrial protocols such as OPC-UA, Modbus, Profibus, CAN bus or similar is an advantage
– Experience with working on automatically generated C++ code and model based development is a plus
– Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.