Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
About the product
The product is the state-of-the-art Inventory Management and availability processing solution for airlines using a high performance, scalable and cloud enabled open systems architecture to provide optimal management of seats while increasing revenues through enabling revenue optimizations, sophisticated rules engine, point-of-sale control, dynamic availability, dynamic pricing.
About the position
Principal Software Architect will take a technical leadership role in providing architectural and development guidance to the product development of the core application, primarily in C++/Linux.
The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in product technology transformation and product evolution.
• Define architectural standards, perform meticulous code reviews, and provide technical guidance to the team.
• Works collaboratively with teams across geographical locations
• Provides innovating ideas to improve application performance and stability
• Exhibit as much excellence and interest in business knowledge of the product as the technical knowledge.
• Must be able to act quickly investigate and resolve real-time issues.
• Provide Architectural Guidance for the product.
• Set coding standards, review development, and provide guidance to development team.
• Develop applications, primarily in C++, to ensure performance and stability needs are met.
• Play a key role in tech transformation of the product and migrate to NoSQL database.
• Play a key role in moving the application to Cloud (GCP), also responsible for current AWS Deployment of the product.
• Provide guidance for performance analysis and testing of product to meet stringent performance requirements.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for critical operational incidents and conduct post-incident reviews.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
• Strong development experience in C++ is required.
• Over 10 years of strong Development experience
• 3 years of CI/CD experience.
• Solid experience in the performance tuning of various application stacks.
• Solid scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell Scripts)
• Required Experience in back-end transaction processing systems.
• Must have excellent communication Skills.
• Must have experience working with Product management, Delivery and operations team to support various aspects of the products throughout the development life cycle.
Required Technical skills:
• Linux Environment
• MQ Series/PubSub
• NOSQL Databases.
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs
Paid time off
- Year-End-Break: All Sabre locations will be closed from December 26 to 31
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time-off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to Udemy learning platform as well as join Sabre live learning sessions
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join one of our team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Women in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral