SoftServe is a leading technology solutions company specializing in software product and application development and services. Our mission is to be a valuable partner for our clients (from start-ups to large enterprises) who represent different domains e.g. health care, retail, enterprise, automotive, education, etc.
We are +8500 team across the world of most technologies and roles in IT and today we are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join our team.
We are working on building a production pipeline for data transformation and forecasting in demand analytics domain for one of our Clients, using Cloudera, Datadog, Gitlab CI, Spark, Scala, Python, Artefactory, Docker containers, AWS services like S3, Lambda, Aurora and Dynamo DB, ECS and Fargate, Kinesis firehouse and AWS SAM.
Experienced Software Engineer with coding experience in Scala and/or Python. You have hands-on experience in Spark, Hadoop and especially with the Cloudera distribution which is a big advantage.
- Experienced in working with large volumes of data
- Proficient in data modelling
- Ready to work with Big Data stack (HDFS/Impala/Hive/Spark/Oozie)
- Able to set up development processes and have good understanding of SDLC
- Open to daily basis communication with the Team and Client
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- Designing production pipeline to shift the data preprocessing and engineering tasks from demand planners/data scientists to data engineers
- Establishing the development process and integration with other teams
- Rewriting existing data transformation jobs in Hive/Impala SQL and Apache Spark (PySpark/Scala)
- New data sources integration
- Building API platform for external integration
- Building SDK platform for other teams
- Existing database structure optimization
- Great team, where everyone share their knowledge and support each other
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Support your technical and personal growth – we have a dedicated career plan for all roles in our company
- Enjoy flexible working hours – whether you are a morning bird or a sleepy-head, it is ok with us
- Take part in internal and external events where you can build and promote your personal brand
- Give you access to experienced specialists who are very willing to share their knowledge
- Show you our casual atmosphere – no dress code
- Care about your individual initiatives – we are open for them, just come and share your ideas
- Make you familiar with our structured career path and development opportunities
- Share many other advantages with you such as attractive salary, modern office, a package of benefits, language classes