As a part of the team, you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of a number of key projects within trading-related topics.
You will be working on strategic initiatives to modernize our existing technology stack based on a distributed scalable microservice-based architecture. Also, you will be expected to make an active contribution to this process and be prepared to offer ideas and solve problems at every stage of each project. The projects you will be working on will mainly be server-side but with some scope for web-based development when required.
- Perform detailed requirement, design and code reviews to ensure thorough due diligence is applied.
- Understand individual business requirements in order to design, develop and test effective solutions.
- Understand and implement the required development guidelines, design standards and best practices at all times.
- Understand in detail the business operational process both before and after the impact of any software changes.
- Understand and document hardware, network and infrastructure requirements of software changes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that sprint plans and work estimates are accurate at all times so that reliable delivery estimates can be reported.
- Take responsibility for analysis, design and development to ensure due diligence is applied consistently to all software changes.
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take actions to continually improve the team’s ability to deliver a quality product on time.
- Implement test and behaviour driven approaches and provide support to QA in both manual and automated testing.
- Ensure software releases support continuous build and automated deployment practices.
- Provide prompt and knowledgeable assistance to business continuity and platform operations whenever requested.
- Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business.
- Report control weaknesses, illegal, suspicious or unusual activity.
- Hands-on experience with C# and .NET (REST Web, .NET Core Microservices)
- Practice with T-SQL
- MS Stack experience: SQL Server – TSQL, MS Visual Studio and TFS
- TDD (NUnit, XUnit) and BDD (SpecFlow, xBehave) approach
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency
- Working knowledge of Scrum methodology
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
- Practice with streaming “real-time” messaging in a distributed enterprise
- Knowledge of Web UI development (Angular, Node, React)
- Messaging (Active MQ, Rabbit MQ, Zero MQ, Sockets)
- Team City, Powershell, Docker, Kubernetes