Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Possible 100% remote work
About the product
The product is the state-of-the-art Inventory Management and availability processing solution for airlines using a high performance, scalable and cloud enabled open systems architecture to provide optimal management of seats while increasing revenues through enabling revenue optimizations, sophisticated rules engine, point-of-sale control, dynamic availability, dynamic pricing.
The Technical stack of the product Spans from High-performance/Low Latency transactional based product in C++/Linux environment as well as Java/Spring Boot/Linux environment to HTML5/React.Js/Redux based web UI.
The Product processes over 7 Billion transactions a day, with peak volumes reaching over 1000 updates/second and over 100K transactions/second, with an average response time of 10 ms. In addition, the product supports over 20 interfaces to other products and supports web services.
About the position
Senior Principal Software Architect position is a unique opportunity to take a strong technical leadership role in providing architectural guidance to the product and ensuring stability, scalability, and performance, as well as transforming, a critical and operationally complex high-performance product that also interacts with several of mission critical products in sabre. The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in product technology transformation and product evolution.
In this role you will:
• Provide Architectural Guidance for the product.
• Evaluate the application development and operations to ensure application is run efficiently.
• Set coding standards, review development, and provide guidance to development team.
• Develop applications, primarily in C++/Java, to ensure performance and stability needs are met.
• Have intricate knowledge of all aspects of infrastructure and ensure best choices are made for the product.
• Play a key role in tech transformation of the product and switch database from an Object Database to Couchbase.
• Play a key role in moving the application to Cloud (GCP), also responsible for current AWS Deployment of the product.
• Move the product towards Containerized instances in GKE/GCP.
• Have Broad knowledge of network, storage, middleware, firewalls, Database servers etc.
• Responsible for performance analysis and testing of product to meet stringent performance requirements.
• Continuously evaluate application for efficiently running the system.
• Perform High-level root cause analysis of service interruptions.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for critical operational incidents and conduct post-incident reviews.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
• Proven experience in performance analysis of the applications in Linux based environments.
• Strong development experience in C++ is required.
• Strong development experience in Java is strongly desired.
• Strong Development and Operations experience.
• CI/CD experience.
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in GCP and AWS.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization.
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of various application stacks.
• Solid scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell Scripts)
• Solid Infrastructure knowledge such as networking and storage knowledge.
• Experience in back-end systems and UI products is preferable.
• Must have excellent communication Skills.
• Must have experience working with Product management, Delivery and operations team to support various aspects of the products throughout the development life cycle.
Required Technical skills:
• Linux Environment
• MQ Series/Kafka/Google PubSub
• Actian (Versant) and Couchbase databases
Desired Technical skills:
• GCP/AWS Professional architect.
• Java 11/Spring Boot/Spring Security/
• HTML5/React.Js/Redux/Java 8/REST/