Who are we?
Making Waves is a full stack IT consultancy that creates digital industry leaders and helps them embrace digital transformation. Best described us a cross between a creative software house and an interactive agency, we design and develop a full range of digital services and solutions. Currently there is a chance to join our technology team as a Senior .NET Developer.
What do we do?
We create solutions for well-known organizations like FIFA, Intersport and Nordic Choice Hotels. Our projects vary from relatively short ones (3-12 months) to longer ones that last several years. When we start a new project, we choose modern technologies. We do not maintain clunky systems with 10+ year old code-bases.
In addition to established technologies like ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server and Entity Framework, we are keen to introduce innovative tools such as:
- EPiServer, Contentful Umbraco
- EPiServer Commerce, Virto Commerce
- Microsoft Azure cloud, Elasticsearch stack,
- React & React native, Angular, Polymer.
What does a Senior ASP.NET Developer do?
- To us, a Senior Developer is not only an experienced developer but also a person with great communication skills:
- Seniors understand the development process and know how to work in a team
- Seniors provide rather than need guidance and can help less experienced team members
- Seniors are good consultants who often talk to customers directly
- Seniors travel to our office in Oslo to work with our colleagues from Norway
- Last but not least, seniors are also technically proficient developers with a proven record of projects
Which skills does a Senior ASP.NET Developer need?
- We would like you to be proficient in C# and familiar with the .NET Framework – ideally, you keep yourself updated and know what’s new in the .Net Core and C# 7
- We would like you to understand object oriented programming principles (and we would be delighted if you followed SOLID)
- We would like you to have working experience of ASP.NET MVC (we don’t specify the number of years, but we do want you to know this technology very well)
- Ideally you also have experience of CMS/e-commerce platforms (although this is not mandatory)
- We would like you to have an understanding of Continuous Integration
- We would like you to have an understanding of Scrum/Kanban or another agile methodology
- Ideally you also have previous experience of tools like Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Jira, Visual Studio Team Services – we use all of them
- We would like you to be proactive and willing to use your own initiative
- We would like you to be a team player
- We would like you to be able to communicate well in English
- Ideally you will have the mindset of a consultant (a willingness to help our customers)
What else can we offer?
- Salary range: 10 000 – 16 000 PLN/GROSS
- A positive atmosphere and managers who try to help rather than dictate
- An unique organizational culture that supports innovation without imposing strict corporate rules
- Flexible working hours, relaxing breaks and attractive benefits
- The possibility of developing your passions in interest groups
- An individual development plan and budget for training and international conferences of your choice (7 000 PLN)
- Language classes in English and Polish
- A well-stocked kitchen with bread, cheese, ham, yoghurt, cereal, coffee, tea and fresh fruit delivered every day
- A great office with air purifiers and bicycle stands, right in the city center by the old town
- Possibility to visit Oslo and/or Stockholm, if you like to travel
More about us & our benefits
You can dive deeper into Making Waves’ company culture at our career website. Still, the best thing is to contact us so that we can meet in person!
Does this sound interesting?
The administrator of your personal data is Making Waves Polska Sp. z o.o. based in Krakow (31-144) at ul. Adama Asnyka 9, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for Kraków-Śródmieście in Kraków, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number KRS 000227000.
The personal data will be collected and processed through our career pages only for recruitment purposes only.
Your personal data will be kept in confidence and we will hold it as long as is necessary for the recruitment purpose and for a period not exceeding 2 years thereafter. Should you want your personal data corrected, updated, deleted, or restricted in any way please contact us at email@example.com.
Appropriate technical and organizational security measures are taken and maintained to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss of personal data.