Reality Games is a product company divided into two sectors: Mobile Gaming and Big Data. We are one of the first movers on the market – creating a new genre of mobile games – games based on Big Data as content. We have launched our prototype that managed to get global traction of 7 mln players, and helped us to build a team of 40 people.We have 3 projects in advanced development (alpha & beta). We have bought out our investors last year, and we keep growing on organically generated revenue. We are based in UK, but our R&D is located in the amazing Krakow Technology Park in Poland. You will be part of our Game Engine team and you’ll be responsible for implementing and designing the architecture of generic services and game feature specific logic. We have a huge set of generic game services which can be combined and coupled to achieve the desired game specific features as well as creating new generic services and using the newest, most often even early production versions, to match the best fit for a specific feature. Our Lambda Infrastructure allows you to write code with almost no boilerplate and strong focus of achieving the desired result as fast as possible. Additionally you’ll help the team improving and optimising our infrastructure, defining and implementing libraries and frameworks to make our Game Engine even easier and faster to use.
This is you:
• Happy to work in Krakow, Poland.
• Professional, problem solver, team worker, rigorous and detail oriented.
• You are smart, creative and practical at the same time.
• And you have the ability to work fast, and learn new concepts easily.
• You’ve deployed Scala code to production for at least 3 years.
• You’ve worked with a distributed compute platform like Apache Spark, Hive, or similar.
• You have production code running in Docker containers.
• You’ve seen the advantage of functional and functional/reactive programming.
• You have experience using Scala, F#, Haskell, or other functional languages.
• You’re familiar with Slick, Spray, and Akka.
• You know how to debug performance issues.
• You understand CPU/Memory/Network tradeoffs.
• People bring you their trickiest debugging problems for help.
• You enjoy training and educating your fellow developers.
• Professional programming experience, at least two years in Scala.
Responsibilities at this position:
• Passion for our profession.
• Backend architecture design for our new games in Scala and Akka
• Implementing high availability systems and service-oriented architectures and game features
• Drive the functional mindset within the company
• Education and technical guidance for other developers on Scala specific topics
• Working in close collaboration with Frontend Developers, and System Administration
• Maintaining and extending our development tools and environment
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!
• Competitive base salary.
• Stock options plan.
• Medical coverage.
• Beautiful office space
• Fruits and fully stocked fridge.
• Flexible vacation policy.
• Sport & Gaming events.
• International and domestic gaming events trips.
• International integration trips.
• Remote days.
• TAX advise & optimization of your paperwork.
• Contract employment or self employment.
• If you are applying outside of Krakow, we can help you to relocate!
• Education reimbursement — Learning is very important in our culture!
• We offer a monthly stipend to encourage you to buy books, listen to webinars, and purchase materials that will help you grow professionally and personally.
• You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us! Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
Get to know your colleagues better in our weekly events!