Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Dynamic Schedules (DSS) team is looking for a talented Manager Software Development. We are in an exciting phase of Sabre’s evolution and technology shift – GCP migration.
DSS is a core component in the shopping ecosystem that is responsible for delivering schedules according to custommers needs.
We are looking for a strong Manager to lead 2 scrum teams that design, develop and deploy critical components.
If You think You have the right skills and mindset, come and join us in this thrilling journey to create something that will be a big differentiator in the marketplace.
Role and Responsibilities :
On a daily basis you will directly manage development teams located in Krakow/EMEA.
• Overseeing development and quality assurance processes
• Coordination with product management and other software development teams to balance priorities, deadlines, and staff allocation.
• Hiring, managing salaries
• Team building
• Career development
• Optimizing individuals’ and teams’ performance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent prior experience.
• Minimum 5 year experience in software development.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a manager of 5+ people.
• Opportunity to do something that has high impact and game changing
• Work on New Features, with a minimum to none Maintenance
• Best and newest Tech Stack accompanied by top specialists to work with
• Be part of one of the world’s largest Travel and Hospitality technology company
• Hands on software development and or engineering experience
• Experience with Agile development, preferably as scrum master or manager.
• Exceptional management and people skills, ability to engage and motivate staff
• Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams across roles and product line boundaries
• Demonstrated experience leading teams, fostering innovation, creativity, and teamwork
• Passion for quality and continuous improvement of processes and software
• Ability to work collaboratively with other leaders
• Ability to manage multiple projects/teams.
• Clear verbal and written communication (English/Polish)
• Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, to resolve conflicts effectively, and seek guidance from leaders and peers as necessary.
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with responsibilities for enterprise systems availability and capacity planning
• Knowledge of enterprise architectures and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of travel domain
Why is it worth working with us?
• Work From Anywhere in Poland: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
• Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
• Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
• Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
• Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
• My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
• Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
• Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
• Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
• Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
• Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
• Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
• Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
• Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
• Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
• English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
• Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
• GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
• Certification and tuition reimbursement
• Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
• Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
• Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
• No dress code
• Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
• Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.