Senior Scala Developer
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
Working with us you will have the opportunity to build a brand new platform for real-time pricing and betting. Designed to handle high traffic and sub-second action. It will be built with cutting edge technologies and scalable microservice-oriented architecture. You will:
- Design, code and documentation of platform API services in Scala
- Build services based on Domain-driven Design (DDD)
- Model data layer in non-relational databases (Cassandra / DSE Search)
- Conduct real-time stream processing / messaging (Kafka)
- Implement of reporting/analytics using Big Data processing tools (Apache Spark in DSE Analytics)
- Strive for good code quality and practicing test-driven development
- Collaborate with product owners and the team to ensure requirements are well-defined and met
- Help to grow the team
- Min. 3 years of experience in development of back-end services
- Some knowledge of Scala (reading the “Programming in Scala” book by Odersky should suffice) and some code written (completing exercises of “Functional Programming in Scala” on Coursera is a minimum)
- Good understanding of databases (relational and non-relational)
- Attention to quality of code
- Good understanding of REST API design principles
- Good problem solving and analytical thinking
- Self-reliance, communicativeness, accurateness
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
- Flexible working practices
- And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet