Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Senior Principal Software Architecture – possible 100% remote work
About the product
The product is the state-of-the-art Inventory Management and availability processing solution for airlines using a high performance, scalable and cloud enabled open systems architecture to provide optimal management of seats while increasing revenues through enabling revenue optimizations, sophisticated rules engine, point-of-sale control, dynamic availability, dynamic pricing.
The Technical stack of the product Spans from High-performance/Low Latency transactional based product in C++/Linux environment as well as Java/Spring Boot/Linux environment to HTML5/React.Js/Redux based web UI.
The Product processes over 7 Billion transactions a day, with peak volumes reaching over 1000 updates/second and over 100K transactions/second, with an average response time of 10 ms. In addition, the product supports over 20 interfaces to other products and supports web services.
Senior Principal Software Architect position is a unique opportunity to take a strong technical leadership role in providing architectural guidance to the product and ensuring stability, scalability, and performance, as well as transforming, a critical and operationally complex high-performance product that also interacts with several of mission critical products in sabre. The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in product technology transformation and product evolution.
In this role you will:
• Provide Architectural Guidance for the product.
• Evaluate the application development and operations to ensure application is run efficiently.
• Set coding standards, review development, and provide guidance to development team.
• Develop applications, primarily in C++/Java, to ensure performance and stability needs are met.
• Have intricate knowledge of all aspects of infrastructure and ensure best choices are made for the product.
• Play a key role in tech transformation of the product and switch database from an Object Database to Couchbase.
• Play a key role in moving the application to Cloud (GCP), also responsible for current AWS Deployment of the product.
• Move the product towards Containerized instances in GKE/GCP.
• Have Broad knowledge of network, storage, middleware, firewalls, Database servers etc.
• Responsible for performance analysis and testing of product to meet stringent performance requirements.
• Continuously evaluate application for efficiently running the system.
• Perform High-level root cause analysis of service interruptions.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for critical operational incidents and conduct post-incident reviews.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
• Proven experience in performance analysis of the applications in Linux based environments.
• Strong development experience in C++ is required.
• Strong development experience in Java is strongly desired.
• Strong Development and Operations experience.
• CI/CD experience.
• Solid Cloud experience, preferably in GCP and AWS.
• Experience with virtualization and containerization.
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of various application stacks.
• Solid scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell Scripts)
• Solid Infrastructure knowledge such as networking and storage knowledge.
• Experience in back-end systems and UI products is preferable.
• Must have excellent communication Skills.
• Must have experience working with Product management, Delivery and operations team to support various aspects of the products throughout the development life cycle.
Required Technical skills:
• Linux Environment
• MQ Series/Kafka/Google PubSub
• Actian (Versant) and Couchbase databases
Desired Technical skills:
• GCP/AWS Professional architect.
• Java 11/Spring Boot/Spring Security/
• HTML5/React.Js/Redux/Java 8/REST/
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn